The issues encountered in the fire protection of concrete floors with structural steel floor trays are not fundamentally different from those presented by the protection of reinforced concrete floors.
Indeed, this also requires that the steel, which is visible in this case, be prevented from increasing in temperature.
PROJISO OFFERS A FIRE-RESISTANT SOLUTION:
- A fibrous coating made from mineral wool
The solution for the protection of mixed slabs with structural steel floor trays offered by Projiso can be used as long as the following conditions are met:
- Structural steel floor trays with a currently valid Technical Notice
- Structural steel floor tray sheet thickness greater than or equal to 0.75 mm
- Undulation trough width (L2) of the structural steel floor trays less than or equal to 187 mm
- Undulation crest (H2) of the structural steel floor trays less than or equal to 87 mm
- Applies to all mixed slabs with trapezoidal structural steel floor trays with an effective thickness* greater than or equal to 73 mm
- Applies to all mixed slabs with dovetailed structural steel floor trays with an effective thickness* greater than or equal to 80 mm