SPECIFICATION & IMPLEMENTATION OF VARIOUS PROTECTION :
AGAINST FIRE, THERMAL INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL PROTECTION SYSTEM
SELECTION FOR A SUITABLE : FIRE/ THERMAL/ACOUSTICAL PROTECTION SYSTEM
Whatever the substrate to be protected, the end user or the contractor must consider series of quesions when selecting the product to be installed/specified.
1. Which goal to be achieved (fre resisance, thermal insulation, acousical correction)?
2. Additional weight : important factor ?
3. Exposure to physical damage : important factor?
4. Air erosion to be considered ?
5. Future repairs to be considered ?
6. Aesthetical appearance to be considered ?
7. Difculties to spray / to access : important factor?
8. Interactions with others contractors to be considered ?
9. Speed of insallation to be considered ?
10. Price per sqm is your priority goal?
This list of non exhaustive quesions allows a product to be specificed / recommended with full background knowledge, preventing contractual issues that may require further work due to an unsuitable recommendation
based only on the level of performance, such as a thermal resisance value. All advisers should first consider pall the above points.